Location: San Francisco, exact site TBA.
Dates: March 11-12, the Monday and Tuesday before PyCon.
Cost: $650 early bird, or $750 after Feb 15.
Sign up now!
Covered MaterialCombining a lecture with plenty of hands-on exercises, covered topics will include:
- Understanding Event Loops: we'll re-implement Twisted's core APIs step-by-step (reactor, transport, protocol), explaining the why and how of event-driven networking.
- TCP Clients and Servers.
- Scheduling Timed Events.
- Deferreds: the motivation and uses of Twisted's result callback abstraction.
- Producers and Consumers: dealing with large amounts of data.
- Unit Testing: how to test your networking code.
- A large, self-paced exercise, implementing a HTTP server and client from scratch using pre-written unit tests as guidance, and our help as needed.
Daily Schedule (Tentative)9:30-12:30: Lecture and exercises.
12:30-13:30: Lunch break.
13:30-16:30: Lecture and exercises.
16:30-17:30: Extended exercise time, and in-depth Q&A.